October, of course, is iconic for being Breast Cancer Awareness month and every year there seem to be more ways to contribute to the fight – especially shopping. I always like to think of it as a nice gift-buying month; presents with a story are sometimes the most heartfelt. It’s not always easy, though, to find which designers and brands are getting active in their support, so I took the liberty of rooting around the internet and as a result I found some lovely bits. All the shopping links are at the bottom of the post and information on the foundations each piece supports can be found on their respective websites*. I needn’t explain my love for the collection that Elle and Kohl’s Cares put together – which you can browse in full here: suffice it to say, there are Eiffel Towers involved! And 100% of the net profit is being donated to the fight. In all, there are some very cute things around that will let you treat yourself or a friend while contributing to a cause this month.
Last year I had the great pleasure of attending and covering the Silhouette of a Woman fashion show, an endeavor put together by local Hudson Valley businesses to benefit the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation. I’m thrilled to share that the women behind Silhouette of a Woman are back with another fashion show this month, and once again I’ll be there! If you’re in the Poughkeepsie area (or if you feel like making a trip of it), you can find all the information on how to attend – from tickets to directions and train information – through links at caseemarie.com/silhouette.
01. UGG Bailey Button Pink Ribbon Boots, $164.95 | 02. Rebecca Taylor Silk Blouse, $225
03. Kohl’s Cares ELLE Polka-Dot Umbrella | 04. Giuliana Rancic for LOFT Statement Necklace, $69.50
05. Clinique Great Skin, Great Cause Lotion, $36 | 06. Smashbox BCRF Be Legendary Lipstick, $19
07. Tweezerman Pink Ribbon Slant Tweezer, $22 | 08. Sonia Kashuk Proudly Pink Brush Set, $15.99
09. Tory Burch Limited Edition Pink Hardshell Phone Case, $48 | 10. Kohl’s Cares ELLE Eiffel Tower Scarf, $5.00
11. Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Tote, $45 | 12. eos Breast Cancer Awareness Lip Balm & Hand Cream, $5.99
13. Essie Breast Cancer Awareness Nail Polish in Good Morning Hope, $8
*A few details that aren’t listed on the sites’ pages: Smashbox is donating $5 from the purchase of each lipstick to The BreastCancer Research Foundation, eos is donating 100% of their profits to The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Essie’s Breast Cancer Awareness Collection is in recognition of a donation the company has made to Living Beyond Breast Cancer, and 15% of the proceeds of Sonia Kashuk’s Proudly Pink brush set go to the Breast Cancer Research Fund (read more about it on Sonia’s blog).