Little Fashion Week Recap, Thank-Yous and Acknowledgements

February 20, 2012 · 11 comments

in Community

After an exhilarating time putting together Little Fashion Week‘s medley of content I’m so excited to look back at all the inspiration and conversations that grew from my initial ideas. Thank you tremendously to everyone who left comments, shared posts and engaged through social media. As the lady at the helm of this blog I’ve felt like the area of content that focuses on fashion has been kept at bay lately while I attempt to balance all the many facets of The Girl Who Stole the Eiffel Tower, so this week presented a great opportunity for me to immerse myself in the sort of fashion-related content I’m interested in churning out. And I’m so glad to know you all enjoyed it, too! In case you missed a bit, here’s a full recap of the week’s events:

Sunday: {a little giveaway} Kathy van Zeeland Handbag (you can still enter until 2/28!)
Monday: {a little project} DIY: Turn a Scarf Into a Shoulder Bag
Tuesday: {a little history} Fashion History: The Chanel 2.55
Wednesday: {a little motivation} 5 Lessons in Style I Learned from Adele Adkins
Thursday: {a little inspiration} Tips for Building an Inspiration Board
Friday: {a little style} On Cultivating a Signature Style
Saturday: {a little look} Lookbook: An Affair to Remember

If you kept up with the articles last week – thank you! And feel free to head back and check out the comments; there were some truly wonderful words of wisdom.

Upon seeing my inspiration board tips my dear friend Lyndi was motivated to undertake a similar project with her adorable daughters, Amy and Becca; I’m thrilled that she kindly let me share the photos of their finished inspiration boards with you all! Aren’t they the sweetest? Amy’s inspiration collage decorates the front of her school binder – a brilliant idea – and Becca’s serves as ornamentation for their bedroom door, while Lyndi herself focused her inspiration board on her favorite lyrics and quotes. I love!

Lastly, many thanks to Independent Fashion Bloggers for featuring one of my Little Fashion Week articles in their weekly Links a la Mode series. Check out the full list of the week’s great reads below.

THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: FEBRUARY 2ND

Thank you all again for your support with my little project!

Comments

Karen February 20, 2012 at 11:02 am

Those inspiration boards that Lyndi and her daughters made are brilliant. So cute!

Casee Marie February 27, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Aren’t they the sweetest?! I just love to see creativity at work!

Cam February 20, 2012 at 11:15 am

always love those cute collages.. did many in my childhood years as well and after, I got to admit! have a great week, sweets! x

Casee Marie February 27, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Aww, how cute. I didn’t do many of them when I was young, I never thought I was particularly creative. ;) I did write in lots of notebooks, though, so I have those things to look back at – scary as a few of them are!

Jamillah February 20, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Soooo not caught up on my reader and your week looks amazing. Congrats on LALM! Hopping over to read your Adele piece. Love her

Casee Marie February 27, 2012 at 10:29 pm

And clearly I’m soooo not caught up on my comment-reading-and-replying! Thank you, dear, so much. ;)

Jamillah February 20, 2012 at 4:02 pm

OH! And that little sweetie’s inspiration board is too cute.

Mariana February 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm

That’s a wonderful idea, to make an inspiration blog with the little ones :)

Marissa February 21, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Well, thank you for all the great Fashion Week coverage! I can’t claim to have read every post (I was too busy looking at photos of the shows), but I’m glad you have this recap so I can go back and read the ones I missed now. :)

Casee Marie February 27, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Thanks so much, Marissa! I figured it was kind of a crazy time to undertake this project because Fashion Week seems to suck the time away from all our lives, but what can you do? Even I was balancing blogging around livestreams and catching photos on Twitter now and then. ;)