Get Crafty with TODAY DIY Style Week

October 24, 2011 · 6 comments

in Arts & Culture, Community, Style & Beauty

I love to see media focusing on the steadily-rising bevy of do-it-yourselfers and the art of DIY. From an economical standpoint as well as on a personally creative level, taking a DIY approach to fashion is hugely beneficial and inspiring. There’s no such thing as being too creative. As someone who always felt like a fish out of water in the arts-and-crafts department, DIY bloggers have introduced me to a whole new world of artistic expression and they’ve really mastered the impossible by proving to me that, yes, I can do it myself, too! And now, TODAY.com is shining their very prominent spotlight on the burgeoning craft by hosting DIY Style Week, including a search for the next DIY star. They’ve also invited a few fabulous bloggers to take part by sharing their favorite how-to’s on the site. Here’s the schedule:

Now for the part where we all get to join in the fun: TODAY.com is inviting readers to submit their own DIYs today through Friday, where the best submission will win a spot on Today.com to showcase their creation and a prize pack from Bobbie Thomas. You can see the full list of details and enter your DIY over here. To get you inspired, here are a few DIYs from around the web that I’m excited to try in the future…

You can check out TODAY on Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter for great DIY tips and inspiration all week long; and be sure to tweet #DIYWeekTODAY with all of your favorite DIY links or to see what everyone else is creating!

Comments

Karen October 24, 2011 at 1:47 pm

That sequin clutch is all kinds of heavenly… want!

FASHION TALES October 25, 2011 at 1:22 am

I love DIY’s of course, and these are some nice ones done by lovely bloggers here. Oh, I like this… The Today show is awesome for doing this! checking it out now, thanks for sharing Casee!

jessica October 26, 2011 at 4:53 pm

caseemarie, I love these (particularly the glitter clutch!) Thanks for sharing!:)

THE-LOUDMOUTH October 30, 2011 at 6:54 am

I agree, I’m not too crafty. Creative, but not crafty. Does that make sense? At any rate, I’d love to try one of these DIY’s sometime!

Jamillah November 5, 2011 at 11:07 am

OH EM GEE!!! I’m here!!!!! Stop it! Thank you so much for including me! Please be sure to tell me when you try it! I do want to do more DIY’s but gawsh the time thing is such a hurdle. I wish my brain made everything come true, then I would have a million diys. LOL.

I love that diying is becoming such a huge cultural movement. And I wanted to enter this thing on Today but sadly it has work conflicts! Boo!

Thank you again, friend for including me!

Casee Marie November 10, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Aww, you’re so welcome! It was such a great DIY. I’ll definitely let you know when I try it – and if I don’t fail too miserably I’ll even tweet you a pic. ;) And I’d love a million DIYs from you if time and your brain permitted! Haha.

I completely agree, when I first heard about the Today project I thought it was so neat that such a huge media outlet was putting some focus on it. I’m sorry you couldn’t enter – I’m SURE you would’ve won!! xo