Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup, March 3rd

March 3, 2011 · 9 comments

in Community

Is this real life? My little Photoshop tutorial was featured in this week’s IFB Links a la Mode! Thanks so much to WIT & Whimsy – who chose this weeks selections – for including me! And in case you missed it I did edit the post to include a few links to some inspired and helpful posts from other bloggers, so check those out. And of course check out all the amazing posts that were also included in this round-up!

Making it Your Own

Edited by WIT & Whimsy

One of the best parts about fashion is that it is translated differently by everyone. It’s infused in everything we do in many respects and this week’s Links a la Mode highlight that whether your style is haute couture or vintage, trendy or thirfted, style is very much ownable and deeply personal.

I’m thrilled to have this be my inaugural editing of the IFB Links a la Mode, looking forward to seeing everyone’s posts throughout the year!

Links à la Mode: March 3rd

SPONSOR:

Shopbop : Wedge Sandals, Rodarte, Skirts, Juicy Couture, Yogawear, Sunglasses, Jeans, Jewelry, Lingerie, Shoes, Bags, & Dresses

Comments

Kirstin March 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Yayyy! You totally deserved this! Also, how do I get your version of Photoshop? I don’t have ANY photoshop and would love to try some of your great tips!

Casee Marie March 3, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Thanks so much, sweetie! I use Photoshop CS2 which I got quite a few years ago – I’m not sure if it’s still available since it’s been updated so much (CS6 might be the current one, I think) but you can probably find it on eBay. It can be quite expensive (around $600 for the most recent, I think) but Corel has a program called Paint Shop Pro that’s a lot more affordable and offers almost all of the same features as Photoshop. That’s more along the lines of $60 – $90, I think. I spent a few years teaching myself with that before I moved on to Photoshop. Hopefully that’s helpful?

Jen March 3, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Oh my! How amazing you are! xoxo

Beautifully Invisible March 4, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Congrats on being included in LALM! That was a great post – much deserved!

I adore photoshop and use it quite regularly for my photography, although strangely enough NOT for the blog (except for my LLWAT headers). I usually use picnik when I am doing some quick photo work like for the blog. V turned me on to that site some time ago and it really is a nice alternative for people who may not be able to afford Photoshop.

Congrats again!

Casee Marie March 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Thank you so much! I wasn’t even going to submit it, honestly, and then at the last minute on Tuesday night I figured…why not?

I’ve heard a lot of great things about picnik but I’ve never tried it myself. Photoshop is a little hefty, and my version is quite old so it tends to be one of those start-it-up-and-go-do-something-else-for-a-minute situations. But I know it so well so I tend to use it for every little thing, right down to resizing pictures for my layout. It’s not always the fastest method, but I’m a creature of habit. Haha.

Anika ByAnika March 7, 2011 at 10:04 am

Happy and belated congrats sweetheart! So well deserved! Am back to read it now to see if I can work some magic on my pics for the tribal dress :) love, Anika

Casee Marie March 7, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Thank you so much, love! I really had no idea it would be such a well-liked post! (:

Melanie Alexandra March 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Congrats Casee! This is such great news for you! You totally deserve this :)

Casee Marie March 19, 2011 at 11:39 am

Thanks so much, Melanie! I’m so glad the post was really that useful to everyone, haha. (: